International Studies & Programs

Home > Health and Wellness > My SSP International Student and Scholar Support

My SSP International Student and Scholar Support

My SSP is a free and confidential service that is available to all MSU students, international scholars, faculty, staff and dependent family members and gives you access to counselors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Support is provided by counselors who speak your language and understand your culture.  My SSP is provided by Morneau Shepell, the world's leading international counseling organization, offering culturally and linguistically relevant support to over 20 million people globally.

My SSP can help anytime with:

  • adapting to new cultures
  • being successful at school
  • relationships with friends and family
  • practical issues while studying abroad
  • stress, sadness, loneliness and much more

My SSP is special because you can connect with a counselor who:

  • speaks your language
  • understands your culture
  • keeps all information confidential, and
  • is available every day of the week, any time of day at no cost

My SSP can be accessed the following ways:

  • immediate support by mobile and web chat, and phone
  • ongoing support by appointment through phone or video

Using My SSP is Easy

You can choose between scheduling an appointment for a date and time that works for you or you can chat or talk with a counselor immediately.

Get in touch:

  • Download the free MySSP app on Google Play or iTunes

  • Chat online, read articles and watch videos at

  • Call 1-866-743-7732

  • From outside North America, call 001.416.380.6578

To get started on the app or online: 

  1. Type in "Michigan State University"

  2. Select a category from the drop down menu. Dependents select the category of their MSU spouse or parent.

    • Michigan State University International Student - F-1 and J-1 students

    • Michigan State University International Scholar - J-1 scholars

    • Michigan State University International Faculty and Staff - H-1B, Permanent Resident, and other employment-based immigration categories

  3. Select your country of origin from the drop down menu

Counseling & Psychiatric Services (CAPS) for MSU Students

MSU students are welcome and encouraged to use services on-campus provided by CAPS. You do not have to choose between My SSP or CAPS - both are available to you. 

Learn more about CAPS and Services for Students

My SSP Flyers and Brochures

My SSP Flyer

My SSP Brochure English

My SSP Brochure Chinese

My SSP Brochure Korean

My SSP Brochure Arabic

My SSP Brochure Spanish

Department/College Order Form for Brochures and Posters

MSU Departments and Colleges can order free brochures and posters